The speed of your website is an important factor that decides the success rate of your business. If your website does not load quickly, it will be quite annoying for your visitors. We all are aware that its takes no more than 7 seconds for a visitor to decide whether to stay on a particular site or not.
Well, here are some valuable tips for increasing the speed of your website.
- It’s advisable to use CSS sprites. Now, it is the CSS property of sprites wherein they combine multiple images to form a single image or master image that helps in reducing number of server requests and saving bandwidth. With this, a website can load faster. CSS Sprites is a highly developed technique used for reducing the load of your server.
- Next, you can use the “Save for the web” feature for optimizing images. It includes an image editing software. Images take a considerable amount of time in loading that makes your website slow. You can also go for the online image optimizer. It is also recommended to use the right format for your images. For instance, JPEG format is suitable for photographs or true-color images. The GIF format should be used with flat-color images like, logos or buttons. And, PNG works very similar to GIF but it supports more colors.
- Reduce HTTP Requests to speed up your website. While a web page opens, its objects i.e scripts, images and lines have got to have a round trip of the server. This definitely adds to the loading time of your website, reduce the objects and combine CSS files and scripts together.
- To increase the speed of your site, you can use a slash on your links. So, when a user opens a link on the form “http://www.domain.com/about” the server will need to figure what kind of file or page is contained on that address. In case you include a slash (/) at the end of the link the server will already know that this is a directory page, which helps cut down the load time.
- You can use height and width tags. Always add these to your image codes. These will ensure that the browser knows the size of the image before loading it. So, what does this imply? Well, the browser will reserve a spot for the images while loading the rest of the page, thus speeding up the whole process in turn.
Websites ought to load quickly. This is very important for the success of your website. Just follow these simple rules and feel the distinct experience in your website.
At Biztech, we as a family had great diwali with our employees celebrating the festival of lights in great splendour. The New Year marked a new beginning for us as a Company aspiring to attain new heights.
We assure our clients of better services and more fruitful relationships in the years to come. The entire Biztech Office was decorated with lamps and our employees displayed a great sense of teamwork and creativity in designing a Rangoli.
Cheers to the Biztech team!
Appealing fonts beautifies the website content for the visitors. Fonts not only enhance the visual of the page, but also throw a light on the website to guess what it is about. So, these fonts should be used reasonably well.
Types Of Fonts Used
There are basically two types of web safe fonts that all web designers must be aware of. They are Serif and Sans Serif ones. The Serif category is a privilege of the headers and more creative statements while the other one is reserved mainly for the body of your content. And websites need to be designed appropriately so that these fonts make the right impression to the reader.
Some of the common serif fonts are Times New Roman, Georgia. The Cambria and Constantia are accessible on Windows Vista alone. Among the sans-serif fonts, Arial, Arial Black, Century Gothic, Trebuchet MS, and Verdana are the most compatible fonts.
Some of the most popular fonts are listed below
It is considered to be the most common fonts, Arial is the default font for Windows. It is simple and plain.
A sans serif font, Verdana promises to be one of the clearest fonts and has great readability.
Introduced for online reading, Georgia appears to be a modern and professional font, one which is being used in many websites.
- Comic Sans Serif:
It is mainly used for matter written in comics, and is informal.
- Times New Roman:
By far the most common and widely used serif font, this too is the Windows default font. Times New Roman is mainly used as a formal font.
In case you are using the fonts mentioned here, note that you follow some standard practices such as fallback fonts to ensure that users experience the same look and feel. Use the fonts in such a manner that your readers don’t get annoyed while visiting your website.
Adobe Flash and HTML 5 are the best technologies these days. Internet world would be incomplete without these two. So, let’s have a look at these two powerful technologies.
Flash is a multi-media platform meant for animation and is developed by Macromedia. It is mostly used to develop animation based on graphics. The software offers great navigation interfaces and graphic illustrations.
Your online presence can be amazing as it offers a marvelous experience. Great interactivity and dynamism are witnessed by the web pages. Thus, this technology is used for games, advertisements and animation. It is also available for smart phones.
HTML5 is a standard for structuring and presenting content on the World Wide Web. HTML 4.01 had not been updated since 2000. It is also used to develop interactive applications where both Graphics and objects can be grouped. HTML 5 was chosen by Apple iPad for its better compatibility.
HTML5 VS Adobe Flash
Unlike HTML5, Adobe flash requires a plug-in for browsers except for safari and MAC browsers. Flash runs better as compared to HTML5, with windows operating system.
Adobe has offered a Flash to HTML 5 converter. Flash works well with audio recording, video conferencing, gaming and animation. Though being expensive, flash has marked its presence for features like animation, fast download speed, and compact file sizes.
Both the technologies discussed above are prominent at its position. “Which one to be used?” would be your question now? Well, that depends on the requirements and estimated budget of your website development. Thus, the decision should be taken once you compare various aspects of both the technologies.