The speed of your website is an important factor which decides the success rate of your business. If your website does not load quickly, it will be quite annoying for your visitors. We all are aware that its takes no more than 7 seconds for a visitor to decide whether to stay on a particular site or not. You could lose your precious customers because of the slowness of your website. Well, here are some valuable tips for increasing the speed of your website.
- It’s advisable to take the help of CSS Sprites. Now, it is the CSS property of sprites wherein they combine miscellaneous images to form a single image or master image which helps in page comprising of images. With this, a website can load faster. CSS Sprites is a highly developed technique used for reducing the load of your server.
- Next, you can utilize the “Save for the web” feature for optimizing images. This feature is included in an image editing software. Images take a considerable amount of time in loading which makes your website slower to load. So, never forget to use this option. You can also go for the online image optimizer. It is also recommended to use the right format for your images. For instance, JPEG format is suitable for photographs or true-colour images. The GIF format should be used with flat-color images like logos or buttons. And, PNG works very similar to GIF but it supports more colors.
- Make sure to reduce the HTTP Requests to speed up your website. While a web pages opens, its objects namely the scripts, images and lines have got to have a round trip of the server. This definitely adds to the loading time of your website. Always remember to reduce the objects and combine CSS files and scripts together.
- In order to speed up your site, you can use a slash on your links. Now, what happens here is that when a user opens a link on the form “http://www.domain.com/about” the server will need to figure what kind of file or page is contained on that address. In case you include a slash (/) at the end of the link the server will already know that this is a directory page, which helps cut down the load time.
- Lastly, one can also take the help of height and width tags. Always add these to your image codes. These will ensure that the browser knows the size of the image before loading it. So, what’s does this imply? Well, the browser will reserve a spot for the images while loading the rest of the page, speeding up the whole process in turn.
Websites ought to load quickly. This is very important for the success of your website. Just follow these simple rules and see the wonders in your website.
At Biztech, we as a family had great diwali with our employees celebrating the festival of lights in great splendour. The New Year marked a new beginning for us as a Company aspiring to attain new heights. We assure our clients of better services and more fruitful relationships in the years to come. The entire Biztech Office was decorated with lamps and our employees displayed a great sense of team work and creativity in designing a Rangoli. Cheers to the Biztech team!
Fonts add identifiable readability of whatever literature you present to people. And when it comes to websites, these fonts often matter more than anything else. Suddenly, there are schools of thoughts emerging on which one to use. That is because fonts not only enhance the vision friendliness of the page, but also throws a certain amount of light that is enough to guess what the website is all about. So, these fonts should be used reasonably well.
There are basically two types of web safe fonts that all web designers
must know and understand. They are Serif and Sans Serif ones. The Serif category is a privilege of the headers and more creative statements while the other one is reserved mainly for the body of your literature. And websites need to be designed appropriately so that these fonts make the right impression felt by the reader while he goes through the web page.
Some of the common serif fonts are Times New Roman, Georgia, and Times.The Cambria and Constantia are accessible on Windows Vista alone. Among the sans-serif fonts, Arial, Arial Black, Century Gothic, Trebuchet MS, and Verdana are the most compatible fonts.
Some of the most popular fonts
Considered to be the most common fonts, Arial is the default font for Windows. It is simple and plain.
A sans serif font, Verdana promises to be one of the clearest fonts and has great readability.
Introduced for online reading, Georgia appears to be a modern and professional font, one which can be used with most types of websites.
- Comic Sans Serif:
It is mainly used in comics and is informal.
- Times New Roman:
By far the most common and widely used serif font, this too is the Windows default font. Times New Roman is mainly used as a formal font.
In case you are using the fonts mentioned here, note that you follow some standard practices such as fall back fonts to ensure that users experience the same look and feel. Use the fonts in such a manner that your readers don’t get annoyed while visiting your website.
We live in a world that is fast becoming internet savvy. And, to make our online experience, more enchanting, some genius minds around the world are constantly coming up with new technologies. Adobe Flash and HTML 5 are one of the best technologies which we have ever witnessed. Both these have their own pros and cons. However, our internet world would be incomplete without these two. So, let’s have a look at these two powerful technologies.
Flash is a multi-media platform meant for animation and is developed by Macromedia. It is mostly used for developing animation based on graphics. The software also offers great navigation interfaces and graphic illustrations. With flash, your online experience can simply be amazing because it gives you a wonderful experience. Flash provides great interactivity and dynamism to web pages. The most prominent uses of this technology are games, advertisements and animation. It is also available for smart phones.
Similar to its immediate predecessors, HTML5 also, is a standard for structuring and presenting content on the World Wide Web. The Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG) began work on the new standard in around 6 years back, when the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) was focusing on the developments of XHTML 2.0. Also, HTML 4.01 had not been updated since 2000. HTML5 is also used developing for interactive applications as both Graphics
and objects may be embedded. Recently, HTML 5 was in news because the Apple iPad was not compatible with Flash 10.
Adobe flash requires a plug-in to be downloaded in the browser whereas HTML5 does not. The latter emerged as a winner when tested on Safari and browsers on MAC. However, when used on windows operating system flash clearly wins the battle. The good news is that Adobe has come up with a Flash to HTML5 Converter. Flash is considered great for audio recording, video conferencing, gaming and animation. In spite of being expensive, flash has been acknowledged for its animation, fast download speed, and compact file sizes.