CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is one of the most efficient and flexible web development tool, that reduces the website loading time. A visitor takes seconds to decide whether to stay on a website or not. If the website takes time to load, it won’t help your business.
CSS make things a lot easier for developers as they can modify websites quite easily. It helps to save time and also reduces the development and maintenance cost.
Top 9 Advantages of CSS
- When it comes to handling web pages, it can actually annoy you. With CSS it becomes a lot easier and you can also link various documents in your website. CSS does not have any impact on the designing of the website. It is for the font and content presentation of your website, which is the most important thing along with the design of the website.
- As mentioned earlier, a website loads easily and quickly with the help of CSS. In case you are developing a website in table layouts, it becomes heavy to be loaded fast. Websites developed with the help of CSS are quick and easy to load as they are considered to be lighter.
- CSS and HTML are said to be a winning combination and with these you can have great web pages in a very short period of time.
- You can position the elements in your website with less effort. The best thing is that in case if you want to edit a particular section, you can easily do that with CSS. It is a great tool for the maintenance of the website as you can edit pages, link or any broken links too.
- The CSS sheets are stored externally; a common user can make changes in the layout as well. Now, users can even change the font properties but not in every browser, it entirely depends on the browser you are using.
- CSS also helps in making a website search engine optimized. A developer now can position the elements as per their choice with the help of CSS. This is exactly how they can keep the important content first. If the important content is prominently visible, the web spiders will notice it faster, improving the ranking of your website in search engines and making it more search engine friendly.
- With CSS you can have a consistent website. The text will appear the same on every web page and if not, changes can be made easily with the help of CSS.
- CSS ensures that your website is cross browser compatible. This is very much important nowadays as we find a hoard of browsers in the market.
- CSS also allows you to create print friendly pages that can be considered a great advantage of using CSS. While developing a website, lot of images and colors are used, which are difficult to be printed, but CSS makes it all easier as they can be eliminated.
Hence, CSS has been one of the best tools available for the web developers.
Using CSS for your website is very beneficial as it provides consistency to your site, reduces loading time and is simple and easily implementable. So any modification to the website will need very less time because all the changes made are in a separate external file without any need to change it everywhere.