- A domain name is the address that people enter into the address bar of their browser to find your website. So you cannot have a website without a domain name. Choosing an appropriate domain name is very important because it is often the first thing that many people will associate with your enterprise.
- Hosting your site is not an option and every website requires it. Your website is homeless if the site is not hosted and will not be served to the internet for site visitor access.
- It is not very easy trying to design and build a perfect web site fitted with a support for search engine optimization tools meant to improve search ranking and traffic to a website. Much as this is near impossible achieving a near perfect state for a SEO friendly website will require a sense of fine planning and a systematic approach to achieve the desired website ranking.
- Establish a healthy relationship with other websites that deal in your niche in order to get backlinks from them. This is one of the most powerful ways to get specific traffic to your website. When websites in your niches link to your site then it is pretty much obvious that the prospective clients will be seeking specific products and they come to your site because they have been directed by a website they trust.
- Name your image file distinctly and also use the alt and title tags with descriptive and meaningful texts. The alt and title tags help you optimizing your site for better rankings when people are searching for it.
- There are not thousands of relevant website directories and you cannot honestly believe that by submitting your URL to them you will acquire relevant links to your site to increase your website’s natural search engine ranking. It is true that the relevant links will increase your SEO ranking, but relevant is the key word.
- Rank more than one site in your compartment market to get huge range of visitors. Once you are ranking other websites with similar keywords and key phrases in your website, it will be as good as ranking multiple sites using a variety of keywords that only broadens your base in the search engines which in turn helps you in increasing your website ranking.
- WordPress is actually a site building framework. It is a genuine content management system. It is not the same as WordPress.com. That WordPress.com is a free blogging platform where anyone can create and publish their blog articles without many restrictions.
You must add unique and compelling content to your website to make it rank higher in search results. The various steps in order to enhance your website are as follows: